Monday, March 05, 2007
I had my birthday dinner. That one dinner with a main course, a drink, a SPARKLING water and a desert managed to secure a place in my "tops-List". It totaled to $404 for 4 persons, and so naturally becomes the no. 1 MOST EXPENSIVE MEAL.
Luxurious is the word to describe that meal.
I LovE BaBy VEAL! Tender juicy baby cows. SLurPs~
I had never ever taken any liking for medium rare or raw food, but i tried both tonight. There was this complementary appetizer - RAW tuna (sashimi). It seriously tasted like meat, and not fish. I mean meat as in poultry. It tasted damn nice at first, but right after i came clean with the fact that it was RAW, i had quite a hard time forcing it down my throat. Still, i had my first attempt with RAW food.
Next, there was this baby veal that was THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS nice. Tres Bien! (French for "very good") No bloody taste or smell, and literally MELTS IN THE MOUTH. Like M&M chocs. HaHa~
Anyway, it was french cuisine we tried. My first taste of french food other than french fries. LOL~
The most amazing issue about tonight was, however, not about the food. It is the fact that I ATE AT SWISSOTEL, AT THE 70th STOREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pardon me.
BUT BUT BUT...I've never thought i would be dining up there! Several years ago, when i visited a suite which nick booked for sam to celebrate her birthday, i went all the way to the 56th storey to a damn damn damn nice suite. The view was simply dumbfounding!~ ASTONISHING. Then, i sworn i'll one day make love on that balcony which overlooks the most beautiful area of this urban city.
Too bad, that didnt come true (but may just one day realize though). But still, i had a chance to mount to an even higher level tonight, whic is the Jaan Restaurant at the 70th storey LOL~
The trips on the lift was sucky though. I hate pressures like those kind. Be it going up to or coming down from the restaurant, i experienced intense discomfort STILL, it was worth it.
The next big thing is....*drum rolls*....
SINGAPORE HAD A FIREWORKS DISPLAY TO CELEBRATE MY BIRTHDAY!
(How many of you know that there would be a fireworks display tonight?)
Have you ever tried catching any fireworks display from the 70th storey? Amazingly, it presented a totally different view from when we lifted our heads and watched it from below the sky. Well, vaguely speaking, being at the 70th floor was as good as being at the sky level. I practically looked DOWN at the fireworks display and it was so damn clear. The so called patterns formed by the fireworks could be recognized so damn easily. There were those which were meant to look like planets, as well as those which i supposed were designed to look like durians or 3-D pricky balls. Something like the esplanade.
An amazing dinner. Courtesy of FeLFeL. I didn't pay a single cent for that 400+ dinner.
Soon, i hope, my fantasy associated with swissotel will come true. LOL~
*PiCs will be up shortly*
##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##
MeowZ~ @ 4:31:00 AM
##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##~##